Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Evaluation question 5

An overview of the project


Now the project has finished ive realised how successful it was and how much work I managed to get done in the time frame. I enjoyed the project too as it was completely different from AS and I liked the freedom we had this year to choose whatever we wanted to do within our music video. I am pleased I chose the indie genre and am convinced that this was the best genre to pick as it allowed me to play around with different storylines and themes as the genre is very widespread and known for being individual and different from anything else.
I thought the genre allowed me to challenge the conventions too as I wasn’t afraid to do something different as this is common within the genre. Its constantly changing so I made certain changes to fit in with the times today and what I thought my target audience would want to see for example on may magazine advert by thinking about technological convergence and making sure the website was the main focus. Ive learnt a lot more about the music industry too as my research led me to look into different record labels and how they work. All these tasks eventually contributed to me having successful final products, even if they did seem irrelevant at the time,
I made sure I linked all my products together as there all part of the same project and I wanted people to be able to recognise my work through a continued theme. I think the competition amongst the year was very strong and this encouraged me to put in the extra effort and make sure my products could be noticed and would stand out. My ‘house style’ is now recognisable as all my products are very similar because of the subtleties I included.
I made sure I harassed my friends all the time to give me feedback on my work. Even though this took a lot of effort I found it was worth it in the end as they pointed out things I would never have noticed myself and therefore contributed to making my work as higher quality as possible. I also wanted to show off my work to people as I was proud of what I had made and thought it looked very professional. I also completed other peoples feedback and that was quite fun as I got the chance to look at other peoples work and see what techniques they had used to make their videos successful.
Finally the use of new technologies had a huge influence on my work this year as I developed my skills even further since AS and have gained skills that I will be able to use in the future and that are transferable. I now feel like I know how to use the equipment professionally and make the most out of the editing software we have ins school to create a product that is different and stands apart from others and typical conventions.
Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed the project and think that I managed to include a range of different media forms. If I could do it all again the only change I would make would to have better time management and spread out the work more so I didn’t have as much to do right at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment